So many / how many
There are so many things I want to say here, too many,
so many that I can’t possibly say them or name them,
but: is this true?
What if we made an opening in time
a space in which to whisper and shout,
to name whatever wishes wish be named, for thirty three minutes,
with no guidelines and no expectations, other than
BE HERE (to the best of my ability)
BREATHE (to the best of my ability)
SPEAK TRUTH (to the best of my ability)
and, always, SAFETY FIRST, how can I make myself
as comfortable as possible
within the discomfort of
these other brave and quiet things,
what do I long to talk about and share words
Some of the many things I want to write about!
- setting even more things on fire
- what I received from four years as someone who [seeks shelter from the world inside of non-verbal space]
- the most essential concepts from this body of work, the legacy of our past twelve years here
- my intense desire to dismantle the entire culture of expertise, let us be completely done with making anyone a guru of anything, burn it all to the ground, let us all learn how to approach each other as equals, cultivating the ability to access, hear, and value our own internal wisdom, learning what we wish to from others without ever needing to elevate them onto pedestals or knock them down, let’s undo the cultural idea that someone else has our answers, that someone else needs to be the guide
- I want to write about FLALALEELALOOLA which was secret code shorthand at my retreat center, and everyone knew what it meant which was, “I have so much love for you, and this question you are asking me is not actually mine to answer so this is me returning it to you with love and warmth”
- I want to write about Panthers and Serendipity and Slow Emerging, things that are luscious and unexpected and return me to presence and wildness
- naming words/concepts/metaphors which need to disappear forever from our collective state of mind, and letting new names and new forms come in
- wild self-treasuring and what it means to trust in timing — because when it is not the time for something, it is okay that it is still not the time for that thing
- returning to the water / returning everything to the water
Connection is about grounded presence and powerful boundaries,
just like writing and breathing and truth
Connection is vulnerable and beautiful and always new,
just like writing and breathing and truth
I knew this from dance, but I received it from
a long circuitous voyage into my own quietest places
Connection with other people asks of us to connect first
to ourselves, our bodies, our grounded presence, our clear intention,
this is how we show up as equals,
ready to play
Here is the short version of what I believe
No experts are required, and in fact expertise itself is bullshit
because the work (and play!) of self-fluency
is about how we listen to ourselves and discern, over time,
through paying attention and experimenting,
learning to trust what we already know,
becoming experts in our own internal worlds, in the art and science of
taking exquisite care of ourselves
in the ways that are most right for us in that moment
(because People Vary)
And slowly over time we also get better at feeling
what we need and want, as well as
who-and-how we are in the world,
meeting all of that with as much love and
as we can muster
in a given moment
Back to the fire
Let the fire consume the entire culture of expertise,
of advice and five steps and eight tips and
“once I was just like you” and all
the ongoing rigged game propaganda
that continuously encourages us turn to external sources
so that they may reveal the answers
When in fact someone else can only ever model or describe
their own path to their answers,
or an approach which currently works for them
And their answers do not have to be our answers,
at most someone else’s beautiful learning holds
clues and inspiration for us
and this is lovely and more than enough
Let us dismantle the entire culture of
[there are these people out there who have the answers],
and invent a new world together in which
it is so very clear that we are all equals
in this ongoing process of life, each of us figuring out
our own [right way for right now],
sharing ideas, concepts, experiments, techniques, discoveries, methodology,
but without grasping for something we think is outside of us,
and without giving anyone else our power
through imagining that they might be the ones
who have our answers
my life, but right now I want to burn it down in the outside world as well,
the time has come
Looking out to look back in
Right now I am thinking about
what I want to write and create
and also what do I want to make that is
of most use — and joy! — to you guys,
something to support people in
playing with ideas and concepts without me,
delving into their own process and their own practice of self-fluency
And maybe I’ll just turn this into a survey and ask you
which of the following possible things that either exist or will exist soon
feel most yes for you
with the understanding that of course I will
still end up going with whatever feels right for me
(because this question may be directed towards you
but of course really it is for me)
(Flalaleelaloola, again, always!)
let me know in the comments if you feel enthused about any of these!
- The Collected Posts. Sixteen of my very favorite pieces of writing published here over the past years. They’ve been carefully edited and in some cases expanded upon, and are now an exceptionally beautiful ebook, with blank pages in between for taking notes or skipping stones or if you want to do your own writing and processing, because of course writing belongs to all of us.
- The Book Of [Not-Advice] for Writing, aka so yes okay, this one still needs a title but as we already know, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ADVICE-GIVING SO THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT ADVICE, and also I HAVE NO INTEREST IN PERCEIVED EXPERTISE SO THIS IS NOT THAT EITHER, but more like, The Way I Think About The Process Of Writing Which Is Not The Way Anyone Else Needs To Think About Writing But Could Be Useful Or Inspiring Or Intriguing For People To Read About Without Thinking That The Way I Do Needs To Be The Way Because It Doesn’t. Or hey here is the approach I use with myself when I am writing things that want to be written, or here are wise things I know that that I would offer with love to past-me, or these are the reminders that wise-me gives hesitant-me when I am all in knots about writing. This one has not yet been written but I have a giant notebook full notes and so much to say about this, and the conscious self-fluent approach which is my legacy.
- The Book of Salves, aka A Soothing of Salves. Those of you who have been around for a while remember that we used to invent a salve here each week, and these were extremely magical and reading them made everything better. I have curated a collection of my very favorites and rewritten them.
- The Book of Superpowers is the same thing but for superpowers, this one need some editing but are close to being ready to come into the world.
Other wishes on my mind
Some wishes and intentions as I feel into the transition from this month of Serendipity into whatever comes next…
TFB (Total Fucking Badass), EMBODIED
SURPRISINGLY EASE-FILLED SOLUTIONS: I OPEN MY EYES AND THERE THEY ARE!
I AM MY WILD SELF / TRUE TO MY WILD HEART
YES I AM FIERY SO WATCH OUT WORLD
I TAKE CARE OF MYSELF FIRST (AND HONOR MY YES)
NOTHING LIKE A GOOD MYSTERY!
STRIDING TOWARDS FREEDOM & SUSTAINABILITY
LIBERATION & DELIBERATION
FIERCE & FEARLESS
POWERFUL, STRIKING, CROWN ON, REGAL AF
YES I AM A PANTHER
PART THE SEAS FOR MY MAGNIFICENCE
MY FORCE FIELD IS A WONDER aka
And I call on the superpower of My Superpower Is Healing,
which is an excellent double-triple meaning.
Healing things is my superpower,
but/and/also: my superpower, whatever it may be,
is in the process of healing and becoming whole and revealing itself to me,
and also my superpower IS A HEALING for me, just by existing.
Current Secret Ops (of Wilding and Rewilding)
To be renamed at some future point….
- Panther Integration
- Goodbye To Ninety Percent Of The Things
- Acquire Motorcycle License?
- Dissolve The Ink
- Pay The Thing
- Climb A Pole
- What Does The Basement Need
- Run Away To South Dakota But Not Really
- But Really Mexico
- Replace A Ninja
- Not Your Typical Bond Girl After All
- Smash The Patriarchy And Set Things On Fire
May we all have the superpowers we need,
in the moment we need them,
or something even better,
and may we all find it easier to
notice what helps us take better care of ourselves and what doesn’t
as we go through this complicated thing of being alive
in these especially challenging times,
and I wish my wishes with love,
the process of wishing wishes is a way we can
come together and glow love towards each other
and delight in everyone’s beautiful wishes!
Invitation: come play with me…
You are invited to share this post and to share many !!!!!! about what is here,
Or share appreciation or anything sparked for you while reading…
You can also share how things have been going, check in, or deposit wishes, gwishes, superpowers, qualities, ingredients, possibly in code. And yes, you are welcome to share excitement about any of these possible products which might be coming out soon, and if any in particular speak to you, let me know!
Safe space for creative exploration asks us to let go of care-taking and advice-giving.
Everyone belongs. We let people have their own experience. We’re supportive and welcoming. We lovingly refrain from giving advice.
And of course it’s always okay to comment under a made-up name, whether for play and delight, or in the interest of Safety First.
Wishes and checking-in are never late because whenever you wish is the right time for wishing.
We remember that people vary and my process doesn’t have to be yours, and this is a good thing.
Here’s how we meet each other: with great kindness and appreciation and awe, whispering (and sometimes shouting) oh, wow what beautiful wishes!