Where I cover the good and the hard in my week, visiting the non-preachy side of ritual and self-reflection.
Friday. Friday. For the 266th time in a row, it is catching me by surprise.
That is the way of things, it seems.
Anagrams! As secret code!
This week I had a million-trillion missions to accomplish, and all of them were getting on my nerves.
Anagram-generators saved my week.
Deal with credit card? Didactic Drawl Three. Architect Raw Diddle. Cheddar Wildcat Rite! I am feeling annoyed? That’s A Daemon Feeling Yin! Or possibly: A Enamel Finned Yogi…
- Operation Rallying Page became Operation A Largely Ping!
- Operation Rallying FAQ? Operation Flagrantly Eh Qi!
- Operation Encroacher Fury became Operation Currency Hear!
- Operation Hail Kaiser became Operation A Rakish Lei!
- Operation The Pod became Operation O! Depth!
- Operation Chickeneer became Operation Nike Creche!
Nike as in: goddess of victory. So great.
Marisa and Richard and I were Team Avoidance, and our battlecry was “avoidy-avoidy!”
We worship the Ultimate Venn Diagram of Team Avoidance.
Looking at this, rereading the first comment and thinking “avoidy-avoidy!” weirdly helped me get more done. A lot more.
Next time I might…
Give myself more permission and understanding about how hard things are.
Silent retreat on that.
Eight breaths of hard, challenging and mysterious.
- Timing. Deadlines. Having to finish things. A breath for dealing with pressure.
- Fellow agent in his stuff. A breath for being present with pain and your own pain in response.
- Recovering from Bend. A breath for when the thing that is supposed to be replenishing doesn’t do the job.
- Lost my wallet. A breath for the last straw of a lot of straws.
- Raging hormonal messiness. A breath for body stuff.
- Big changes. A breath for things reconfiguring.
- Wednesday. Falling apart in the biggest, biggest way. A breath for grief
- Inhale, exhale. Goodbye, mysteries and hard moments of this week.
Eight breaths of good, reassuring, delight-filled.
- Actual Beach Day. With Danielle. For her birthday. Even though it rained the entire time and I lost my wallet. Beach Day with Danielle! A breath for sharing.
- While I was falling apart, I had friends to stroke my hair and bring me tissues and say GOOD LORD OF COURSE YOU ARE FALLING APART WHO WOULDN’T BE, which is always important. A breath for comfort.
- The most gorgeous necklace ever, a handmade gift from Sami. I am wearing it right now. A breath for beauty that is healing.
- Marisa is back! Marisa is back! Marisa is back! A breath for love.
- Sweetness and more sweetness at the Agency. A breath for adoration.
- I said yes to a scary-wonderful wish, and it is happening. A breath for what I really want..
- A gift from Austin that was the exact right thing in the exact right moment. He sang to my ballroom. It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. Which is so true. And my ballroom loves to be sung to. This confirmed for me that singing is the right answer. As long as my ballroom is sung to, all will be fine, and I can let people sing to it in different forms. These might not be the forms I’d envisioned, and this is okay. Even if I cried. This is right. A breath for receiving this with my whole heart.
- For the first time in 22 months since I said yes to the ballroom, some pieces of good news related to the ballroom. A breath for movement.
A superpower I had this week…
I had the superpower of trusting play.
And a superpower I want next week.
The superpower of trusting myself.
This week’s salve is the salve of anagrams: it infuses everything with playfulness.
These salves can’t be seen, but the production factory delivers enough for distribution by way of the magic of the internet, so help yourself. There is enough.
Playing live at the meme beach house — the Fake Band of the Week!
This week’s band is also my favorite anagram for rallying page:
And yes. It’s just one guy.
Hallo Hallo! I am saying Hallo Hallo. ANNOUNCEMENT.
You guys you guys you guys!
There are now open spots in individual Alphabet Carousel Rallies.
- You can come to ONE RALLY.
- There is also an option to bundle TWO rallies at a discount, or THREE at even more of a discount.
- And if you’re thinking “oh crap I wish I’d signed up for the whole Carousel of As Many Rallies As I Want when it was still the super low price”… take advantage of 3 Days Of Amnesty where you can secretly still get that lower price (through Sunday).
To activate the amnesty pricing, write to the First Mate and use the code phrase Chandelier Amnesia (you can pretend it’s a band), and he’ll sneak you in at the old price, which is half of what it is now.
There aren’t a ton of openings at individual Rallies, because the people in the full Carousel have priority, but we can make this work. All the details are on the new Rally page!
IF you are in the Floop and signing up for just one Rally, log-in to the Floop and use the Secret Benefits page for Floop discount. If you’re in the Floop and want more than one Rally, use the Rally page because there is no combining discounts and that’s the better deal. :)
That’s it for me …
Join my Friday ritual in the comments if you feel like it. Or call silent retreat!
We let people have their own experience. We’re supportive and welcoming. And we don’t give advice (unless people specifically ask for it).
Wishing you a glorrrrrrrrrrrrious day, a restful weekend and a happy week to come.
p.s. It’s fine if it’s not Friday anymore. There’s complete chicken amnesty — join in whenever (or not) and it’s no big deal.