Personal ads. They’re … personal! Very.
Each week I write these VPAs to practice asking for what I want. And to get clarity on what that really is, even when asking feels conflicted.
I always get useful information about my relationship with various aspects of the ask. Join in if you like!
Doing things COMPLETELY differently this week, inspired by last week’s wish for ten wishes.
So here we go…
I am wishing for ten things.
In secret code.
While connecting to qualities.
And asking four questions.
And then doing OODs.
Here are the ten wishes I’m wishing.
- Attuning to the superpower of AFFECTION (shhh, it’s actually listening to Jenny’s message and maybe even responding?).
- Attuning to the superpower of SUPPORT (shhh, it’s actually listening to Svevo’s message and calling him back).
- Attuning to the superpower of POWER (shhh, it’s actually figuring out the stuck paypal thing and getting help with that).
- Attuning to the superpower of NAMING (shhh, it’s actually telling Eloise what to put on the signs).
- Attuning to the superpower of RENEWAL (shhh, it’s actually the Edit Order on the not-a-coupon).
- Attuning to the superpower of DIVINE DISGUISE (shhh, it’s actually pieces of a special boutfit).
- Attuning to the superpower of FREEDOM (shhh, it’s actually a tiny ship).
- Attuning to the superpower of DELIGHT (shhh, it’s actually the imaginary forest).
- Attuning to the superpower of DEEP DESIRE (shhh, it’s actually amethyst colored).
- Attuning to the superpower of PURE DESTRUCTION (shhh, it’s actually dealing with the people I do not like to speak about).
Here are the four questions I’m asking about each of these:
1. What do I want?
2. What do I know about why I want this?
What is appealing about the essence of the want? What does this give me? How does this support me and take care of me?
3. What do I know about why I don’t want this, or about the resistance?
Specifically, how is the not-wanting understandable and legitimate?
Tiniest first steps?
Or: If I had someone who could help me do this, what would I ask for?
And that’s what I’m trying this week.
You’re more than welcome to stick with the traditional VPA formulation of what you want, ways this could work and what you’re going to play with.
I plan to be back to that next week.
This is what I’m going to be playing with today…
Progress report on past Very Personal Ads.
Just to update you on what’s happened since last time.
Let’s see. I wanted to do more with my practice of Ten Wishes, and I’ve been doing it every day. Even got a special red notebook for it. Hooray!
Then I had an ask about cutlery, that was really about my Ludicrous Fear Popcorn around being a grown-up. But I did it! Not only did I process the hell out of it, using the Floop, but I also bought cutlery. A thousand billion trillion sparklepoints for me!
My next ask was about sun, and I learned a lot about that. Also there were spontaneous picnics in the park, which was lovely.
Then I wanted help interacting with the two biggest things that I’ve been avoiding, and I definitely made progress on one of them. The other one is next.
I wanted to ask my curious questions, and I did. Still working on that.
And then I wanted to plan my trip to Vancouver without taking a plane. Lots of help from commenter mice. Then a friend of mine volunteered to help me plan it, which was amazing. And I just now got a Very Unexpected Piece of News about that trip, so it’s kind of all in the air again. So we’ll see!
Play-filled comment zen. Here’s what I’d love today.
- Wanted: Your own personal ads, small or large. Updates on past ones if you like.
- You can also do these on your own or in your head. You can always call silent retreat!
- Leave your gwishes! Throw things in the pot!
- Things we try to keep away from: the word “manifest”, telling people how they should be asking for things, unsolicited advice.
- VPA amnesty applies, of course. Leave yours any time between now and next Sunday (or whenever, really) — it’s all fine by us!