It seems to be a tradition now of not saying hello to the month until we’re a week in. Which is probably good. Get a sense of it and all that.
Anyway, it’s September. And this is an experimental form, so I’m going to say hello to September differently than I did in either Hello, August or Hello, July (both of which were quite different from each other too).
And since I just talked about conscious entry the other day, this is good timing.
September and different kinds of September memories.
I know there’s going to be — for me — an oppressive amount of heavy, formal, expectation-laden memorializing this month, with the ten year anniversary of the United States finding out about the kind of terror that happens where you live.
(What’s definitely not going to happen is this.)
So it’s in the ether. I’m aware of it. And I will do my own private mourning/processing as necessary, along with other things to separate out from the larger cultural angst. Angstfest 2011!
But this is not where I want my focus.
I want to concentrate on happier anniversaries:
- 6 years (and a week!) since this website came into the world.
- 10 years since I recognized that my marriage was over (which was painful at the time but also this giant bell ringing FREEDOM!).
- 10 years since a life-changing trip to Chicago and Madison.
- 3 years since I decided it was time to be okay having a home. That’s how I ended up with Hoppy House, which is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
September and my body.
I would like us to ease into fall together.
To notice how our relationship (me with my body) changes as the weather changes.
To keep letting my body be the CEO and make the executive decisions.
I may start teaching a regular Shivanauttery class at the Playground.
And I want to get back to doing trainings for the roller derby girls.
September and time.
Morning begins at night.
And vice versa.
September and rest.
Going to need to follow that up with (metaphorical) Island Time and then a proper vacation. Also making plans for a holiday in October.
September and space.
Noticing what’s happening in my relationship with my pirate queen quarters at the Playground, aka my Dressing Room.
Noticing how I interact with my space. Playing with boundaries. Wearing my crown. And the furry toy snake. Taking notes.
Doing more Shiva Nata specifically to identify the patterns and mess them up.
September and play.
I have lots of new costumes in the Costumery, and I’m planning on using them.
And of course I shall wear my Shopkeeper Hat.
September and Gwishing.
I have many Gwishes for September.
- Progress on Hawaii.
- A fully, happy Crossing the Line 8 Day Voyage (formerly the Week of Biggification) in October.
- Move up to the larger weights. When I’m ready!
- More planning for the Shiva Nata dvd
- new morning walking ritual
- the 2012 Rallies filling up. Rally!
- To feel sovereign, supported and grounded.
- To take care of myself in every way I can.
- Naps! Lots and lots of naps.
- Sandwiches at the monkey.
- Seeing an old friend.
- Shivanautical biggification.
- The orange couch.
I’m putting these all into the pot with love.
Play with me! And comment zen for the blanket fort.
If you would like to think about your relationship with this September and you want to share stuff, go for it. Silently counts too!
We all have our stuff. We’re all working on our stuff. It’s a process.
We let other people have their stuff and take responsibility for our own stuff. And we do this through not giving other people advice or telling them how what to do or how to feel.
Kisses to the commenter mice, the Beloved Lurkers and everyone who reads.
Extra wishes for a safe, healthy, delight-filled September with lots of the good kind of surprises.