This is week 434 of this ritual, and so we chicken.
What’s been working? What do I want to play with….
My week can basically be summed up by this Liana Finck cartoon.
What has been working is knowing that not acting is not an option.
Focusing on Clarity and Purpose. One day at a time.
Breathing for the hard, challenging and mysterious.
- Post-election news gets worse and worse. Breathing fierce determination to act.
- I had a long rant about Jon Stewart, the last person I was expecting to disagree with this week, but I am erasing it because cycling through rantiness is not helpful for me right now, maybe once I get out of wheel-grinding mode. Breathing for reclaiming power.
- I cried over so many things this week but for some reason it was rereading The Wasteland that got me hardest, those last two sections, straight to the heart. Breathing and breathing.
- The dissonance of being around the unaffected. A breath for this.
- An old, old, old pattern that I am in the process of untangling, and right now it just hurts. Breathing for this.
- To be honest, spending the week alone in a motorhome in a supermarket parking lot with a bunch of mice and an unpredictable heater that doesn’t always work, when it’s 18 degrees Fahrenheit at night (that’s -7 in Celsius), all that is actually not as bad as it sounds. But ohmygod you guys, the internal monster brigade of Look At Your Life You Are Going To Be Forty And You Are The Biggest Failure That Has Ever Been. They are not fun. Breathing presence. And listening to twenty-year-old me and thirty-year-old me, who are delighted to know that my life did not turn out to be conventional or dull in any way, and none of their worries about that were justified!
- Inhale, exhale. May all misunderstandings and distortions, internal and external, dissolve in love if not in laughter. May peacefulness prevail. Trust-more love-more release-more receive-more. Goodbye (and thank you), mysteries and hard moments of this week.
Breathing for the good, reassuring, and magical!
- Focused and clear. Breathing appreciation.
- Using my body to access calm: slow yoga with slow breathing, lots of TRE, balance, rest. Breathing and listening.
- I said this last week and it is still true (for me). Writing helps. Breathing thankfulness for an outlet.
- Mexican food and movie night with the cowboy before he left town. There are some lovely sweet things about small town life, about routine. A breath for comfort, warmth, smiling.
- Hey let’s notice all the things that didn’t go wrong! The mice kept to themselves. The heater worked through the night. I almost ran out of data on my phone but somehow made it through. A hundred billion trillion sparklepoints for all the things that are okay. Breathing.
- I know what I want. I am very clear about this. A breath for the many things that are possible.
- So grateful for my friends who kept me company this week by text: Agent Ravenstar, Agent Spalding, The Vicar, Briana, Lucky Lola, Richard, Lady Kathryn of the Jewels, Shawn, The Writer Who Writes, Adiv. It helps to have people who listen and who get it. A breath for companionship.
- An abundance of good ideas, comforting thoughts, useful intel from my body. A breath for the treasure that comes through quiet.
- Thankfulness. Treasure in the form of spotify playlists, beautiful mountains, a gigantic pot of tea, daydreaming about moving to a small town in Italy, night-dreaming about good things, finishing a project, snuggling. Nothing is wrong, even when I want to believe it is. Now is not then. All Timing Is Right Timing. Thank you for this grand adventure. A full breath of deep appreciation in my thank-you heart.
Last week I asked to own Fierce Determination so fully and powerfully that it glows for miles. I didn’t think this would show up since I was feeling pretty despondent when I asked, but I am having moments of this powerful determined glowing.
Two weeks ago, I asked for surprise perfect solutions that are so beautiful I clap my hands in delight. I got one, and would like some more please.
May it be so.
How was your week?
Come play in the comments. Share something from your week, take a breath, or just say hi! No rules, my format doesn’t have to be yours, we’ve been doing this every week for years now and there still isn’t a right way.
Everyone belongs. We let people have their own experience. We’re supportive and welcoming. We lovingly refrain from giving advice.
And of course it’s always okay to comment under a made-up name, whether for play and delight, or in the interest of Safety First.
Wishing you a glorrrrrrrrrrrrious day, a restful weekend and a happy week to come.
It’s fine if it’s not Friday anymore. There’s complete chicken amnesty — jump in whenever you like. Blowing kisses to the Beloved Lurkers too!